Ken Whelan & Associates LLC is owned and operated by Ken and Christine Whelan. We are the premier and complete consulting agency to numerous organizations in the Arizona provider network. Our commitment to building human service supports for individuals has influenced most of our years of experience. Our specialty spans both the public and private sectors including Contract Compliance, Quality Assurance, Strategic Planning, Human Resources and Business Planning. Please see our complete list of services under the tab “Consulting Services”.
Our experience is influenced by our commitment to build quality self-directed services for individuals which provides them access to the services and supports within their own communities. In essence, we are here to support your mission.
Ken and Christine’s diverse background and experiences coupled with their national contacts and value driven approach can benefit agencies and individuals involved in the human service and business field. If you are a funding source or provider who provides supports for the communities of the developmentally disabled, education, health care, behavioral health or elderly we can assist you.
- Ken was chosen from approximately 1200 employees as the State of Arizona’s, Department of Economic Security/Division of Developmental Disabilities Employee of the Year.
- Ken is a recipient of the Governor’s Award for Excellence.
- Ken is a recipient of the citizen award from ARISE for service to individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Ken is the recipient of the Professional of the Year from the City of Flagstaff, Mayors Commission on Disability Awareness.
- Ken is the recipient of the Dedication and Support Award from the non-profit YES the Arc.
- Christine worked for the Divisions of Developmental Disabilities for 19 years prior to her current role as a Business Manager at the Coconino County Public Works department. She has over three decades in public service.
- Christine is a recipient of numerous recognition awards both inside and outside the field of I/DD.
FAMILY AND OUTSIDE INTERESTS:
Ken is the husband to his wife Christine for twenty six years and has two adult children. We both are Arizona natives and have resided in Flagstaff for twenty plus years. Our son is a personal trainer, avid hiker, professional photographer and manager of a health and fitness club. Our daughter will be a senior at Northern Arizona University majoring in criminal justice. Ken and Christine enjoy volunteering, comedy, Frisbee golf, fishing, landscaping, exercising, movies, music, books and being with friends and families whenever possible. We strongly believe in living a sustainable lifestyle, protecting the civil rights of others, mentoring kids and giving back to our community.
Ken and Christine both attended Northern Arizona University and are proud members of the Lumberjack Athletic Association and contributors to the NAU Foundation. During the fall you can find us tailgating and attending games for the Lumberjack Football team. Go Jacks!